The Spinning Platform is an obstacle that is sometimes encountered in the game.
The Spinning Platform is a large unpowered freely rotating construction that has a number of platforms attached to large boards. It is usually negotiated to get to something or to get to a new area that can be explored.
The Spinning Platform comes in two main types:
- Two platforms attached to the ends of two boards that are connected to a central bearing.
- Four platforms attached to the ends of four boards that are connected to a central bearing.
Before negotiating the Spinning Platform it is best to kill any Skeletons in the area first.
- All three heroes can jump onto the Spinning Platform and rotate it with careful timing and balance.
- Knight: he can push the Spinning Platform to position it to jump on the platforms.
- Thief: she can push the Spinning Platform to position it to jump on the platforms. She can also sometimes use her Grapple Hook on the platforms.
- Wizard: he can place magical and non-magical objects under and onto the Spinning Platform to jam or stabilise it. He can also use his levitation Ability to control the Spinning Platform and make it slowly rotate.
Important note: the Wizard is the only hero that can use the Spinning Platform to full advantage. He can use his Levitation Ability to rotate the platform to the correct position for jumping onto any ledge that has to be reached.
Note: the Knight and the Thief can use their weapons on the Spinning Platform but not very reliably.
For a list of other types of obstacle see: Hazards