The Spinner is an obstacle that is sometimes encountered in the game.
The Spinner has a central rotating bearing with a number of boards attached. It can be encountered as a single Spinner or more commonly as multiple Spinners together. They come in various different sizes and can be made of wood or metal.
The Spinner comes in two main types:
- The powered Spinners that have to be run or jumped over or across. They can be crossed when they are spinning or if they have been jammed but it is easier to cross them when they are not rotating. Magical and non-magical objects can be used to jam the powered Spinners. The powered Spinners can have two or four boards attached.
- The unpowered freely rotating Spinners that have to be run or jumped over or across. Sometimes they can be crossed without stabilising them but very good timing is required. It is much easier to use objects to stabilise them before crossing. Magical and non-magical objects can be used to stabilise the unpowered Spinners. The unpowered Spinners can have two or four boards attached.
- All three heroes can sometimes jump the Spinners with careful timing.
- Knight: he can place objects on the Spinners to jam or stabilise them.
- Thief: she can sometimes attach her Grapple Hook to some Spinners. She can also sometimes swing over some Spinners.
- Wizard: he can place magical and non-magical objects on the Spinners to jam or stabilise them. He can also use his levitation Ability to make unpowered Spinners slowly rotate.
For a list of other types of obstacle see: Hazards