Not to be confused with the Hinged Platform.
The Hanging Platform is an obstacle that is frequently encountered in the game.
The Hanging Platform is a small ornate platform sometimes with a flaming torch or lantern attached. It has no pivots only a large bracket that is attached to a chain or swinging bar, which allows the platform to pivot and swing freely.
The Hanging Platform can be found in three main situations:
- As a single platform suspended from the branch of a tree etc.
- As multiple platforms in a row, sometimes at different levels.
- As part of a large structure like the Crane or the Balance.
- All three heroes can jump the Hanging Platforms with careful timing.
- Thief: she can attach her Grapple Hook to the wooden platforms.
- Wizard: he can place magical and non-magical objects on the Hanging Platforms. He can also move them using his levitation Ability.
Important note: one of the most useful things the Wizard can do is to place a Plank across two or more Hanging Platforms. This will stabilise them allowing the heroes to negotiate them safely.
For a list of other types of obstacle see: Hazards