Not to be confused with the Drum which does not have teeth.
The Cog is an obstacle that is sometimes encountered in the game.
The Cog obstacle is never encountered as a single Cog but always as a series of Cogs close together.
Cogs come in two main types:
- Large powered Cogs that have to be run or jumped over. They can be crossed when they are spinning or if they have been jammed but it is easier to cross them when they are not rotating. Magical and non-magical objects can be used to jam the large Cogs.
- Small unpowered free-spinning Cogs that have to be run or jumped across. Sometimes they can be crossed without stabilising them but very good timing is required. It is much easier to use objects to stabilise them before crossing. Magical and non-magical objects can be used to stabilise the Small Cogs.
- All three heroes can sometimes jump the Cogs with careful timing.
- Knight: he can place objects on the Cogs to jam or stabilise them.
- Thief: she can kill Enemies at a distance with her Bow, making it safer to negotiate the Cogs.
- Wizard: he can place magical and non-magical objects on the Cogs to jam or stabilise them.
For a list of other types of obstacle see: Hazards